Principal Message :
Our aim is to aim beyond the unknown inculcating in the young minds the idea that they deserve more than they desire.
The College came into being in a sylvan surrounding way back on 10.07.1964 and started functioning on the auspicious day of Srikrishna Janmastami opening the vistas of higher education for the rural marginalized.
|Prof.Ashok Kumar Sahu
The spirit of the great icon Late Brajamohan Panda , the founding father of Larambha College permeates this institutions since its inceptions. Like an oasis in the desert , he will be a perennial source of inspiration for times to come. Of the few colleges that sprang of in Orissa in the early sixties Larambha College distinguishes itself as a model college and it still occupies a unique place in the educational map of the state for the single greatest region that in the vicissitudes of time has stood unruffled and calm fulfilling the dreams of its founding father ever since 1964.
Located in a peaceful surrounding of a tiny village , the college has never look back in its commitment to provide quality education. The college is squeezed in a distance of 0.75 K.M from the state high way Godbhaga- Sonepur that joins National Highway No. 6 at Godbhaga which is 7.5 K.M away from Larambha.
- Affiliation: Affiliated to Utkal University in 1964 with 64 seats in pre university Science & Arts vide Letter No. 8818 dt. 23.5.64 and to Sambalpur University from 1970-71 vide Letter No.11736 dated.22.07.1970.
- Permanent Affiliation: Received permanent affiliation vide letter No. 25029 dt.13.12.80 of Sambalpur University.
- Recognition: Temporary recognition was accorded and the College came under Grant-in-Aid vide G.O. No. 6901/E dt. 24.2.70.
- Permanent Recognition : G.O No.27232 dt.27.05.2002
- Registration of Governing Body: The College and the Governing Body have been registered under Society Registration Act vide Order No.10744/1069 of 1976-77.
- Recognition under UGC:- Enlisted under 2F of UGC Act w.e.f 17.06.1972.
- NAAC Accreditation:- Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council with B+ Grade w.e.f 2.2.2006.
- Prakruti Mitra :- The institution receive Prakruti Mitra award from the Honourable Chief Minister of Orissa in 2009.